cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound/outbound file processing from/to SFTP server without using CPI

rammel
Participant

I have few questions here:

1. When using S4H public cloud, is there a way for us to process text files without using CPI?

2. I saw that we can call external APIs from the ABAP cloud environment. Does that mean if our file server has an available REST API to access/store the files, we can directly call them from within S4H ABAP? Something similar to this?

https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/abap-environment-external-api.html#a5567ec8-7608-46f5-aea9-7ecb...

3. In most projects implementing S4H public cloud, what is the replacement for the AL11 servers? Is there a built in file server that comes along with the S/4H public cloud solution? Or are we supposed to buy/subscribe to a BTP service (e.g. Blob Storage, Document Management Service) ?

Basically we are trying to avoid the CPI to simplify the development and we want most of our processing and conversion logic to be inside our ABAP classes along with the business logic. I am just wondering what would be the implication for not using CPI and for directly calling the REST API service from within the ABAP environment.

Victor_Alvarez
Participant
0 Kudos
I am also interested in it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)