cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it safe to use /ui2/cl_json?

Prasenjitsbist
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All, Is it safe to use the class - /ui2/cl_json for JSON to ABAP deserialization? I saw a post some time back where Andre Fischer mentioned it as released if I am right but when I do the ATC check I see an error that this is unreleased.

Please advise.

Prasenjitsbist
Participant
0 Kudos

What I see is in BTP it is released and not from S/4 on premise side. So this is messy and well I am not sure what to do because I used this for JSON to ABAP and do not ant to write STRANS code. Will play along.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi psbist0103

The API state of a development object defines whether or not a development object can be used in development objects of other namespaces. You can check whether a development object is intended for public use or for internal SAP use. You, as a developer on the customer side, You can only change the release state of your own development objects.. Consequently, customer objects that only use released APIs do not need to be adapted after the next SAP NetWeaver support package or upgrade. Hopefully , I was able to answer your question here , if yes then pls accept the answer and conclude the thread so other people can get benefited from this thread as well.

Thanks & Regards

Mamta Chauhan

0 Kudos

Hello psbist0103

Refer to below SAPNote on How to documentation for ABAP object deserialization .

3211303 - /UI2/CL_JSON How-to and documentation

Regards,

Mamta Chauhan

Prasenjitsbist
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mamta. I think the issue with ATC is that whoever has set it has set it to check for released API and I don't think I need that check in an S/4 on-premise environment that is an over kill. what do u say?

Will2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is released for customer use, for example OSS 3038042

Prasenjitsbist
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks William. I think the issue with ATC is that whoever has set it has set it to check for released API and I don't think I need that check in an S/4 on-premise environment that is an over kill. what do u say?