Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW BAPI not updating material master

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing a small test with LSMW with BAPI but the material master is not updating. The IDOC posts 'green' though. Below some screens shots of the txt source file and the IDOC. WE20 and WE21 settings seem all OK. Anybody a clue why the material isnt updating when running the LSMW? I have tested with and without the leading zeros for the material. Even providing a fake, wrong material master value results in a IDOC that supposedly posts correctly.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This screenshot is not sufficient. Take the idoc number and open this idoc with WE19, show the entire structure of the IDoc

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Below the IDOC structure in WE19. Segment E1BPE1MARA cannot be shown in 1 screenshot but MATNR and MTPOS_MARA fields are filled

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought it was like this. You have not told SAP what it has to change, hence it had no need to change anything and did not fail do so,  and as result  the IDOC is green.

See my structure for the same purpose

I have the header structure to tell SAP about which view it shall care. you have the same

I have the MARA structure with the new field value, you have the same

I have the MARAX structure to tell SAP that it is really wanted to change the field. you don't

it is pretty similar to MM17. you can enter a value to a field, but if you have not selected the header of that field then it will not be considered.

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen, I missed the MARAX structure in the LSMW....All works fine now.

Answers (0)