Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate to new asset accounting within ECC

otmani
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

We are currently running classic asset accounting on ECC EHP18 SP1 and will convert into new asset accounting in the very same system release before migrating to S/4HANA.

Prior to moving to new asset accounting  we will migrate to New GL in ECC and eventually to S/4HANA.

My query relates to the effect on existing data at the time we switch from classic accounting to new asset accounting.

I am questioning the SAP's statement below on the effect of existing data after we have activated new asset accounting: knowing that we will implement New GL + ledger accounting, how are the cumulated APC and depreciation values transferred to ledger 0L at least after the new asset accounting is activated?

Should we engage in a migration plan  or not ?

If yes what are the steps aside activating  Financials Extension (EA-FIN), business function FI-AA, Parallel Valuation (FIN_AA_PARALLEL_VAL), FI-GL, Change in Leading Valuation (FIN_GL_CHNGE_LDG_VAL) and performing the required customizing steps to migrate the APC and depreciation values from classic asset accounting to the new model ? The guidance in that matter provided in the SAP portal (documentation) only relates to a migration to new asset accounting in S/4HANA, which does not apply here.

The Release Notes for SAP enhancement package 7 for SAP ERP 6.0, SP 2 of the business function FI_AA_PARALLEL_VAL reads the following:

'Effects on Existing Data.

Existing Data Existing master data, transaction data and Customizing data is not changed by activating the business function or the Customizing switch. 

I searched for OSS  relevant notes and documentation on this matter and could not find any additional guidance to answer my query.

Thank you for sharing any insight and experience to assist.

Kind regards,

Vincent OTMANI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)