Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP created multiple PR For Material Which Has Existing POs Available

ssaher412
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have one material with MRP type as VB, reorder point is 1 and minimum lot size is 2. After running the MRP PR got created for 2 qty. We have converted this PR to PO. Next day when we again run the MRP it again created PR for 2 qty. As the requirement from first PO got fulfill then why MRP again created the PR. Request your help on priority.

@SAPSupport @Caetano 

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ssaher412
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I have found the cause of creating extra PR. I have created the same scenario in test environment. Actually the plan delivery time in material master and purchase info record(PIR) was different. In PIR it was 42 days and in material master its just 5 days. So I think when we run MRP it considered the PIR days to calculate plan delivery date and material master days to check demand and supply. When I match both material master and PIR plan delivery time MRP doesn't created new PR.

Thanks all for your kind help.

Prasath
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sahar, It means if we having two different planned delivery date in master and PIR then it will be having issue in calculating demand and supply.

Regards,

Prasath

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Then it is a rescheduling issue... MRP considers the PDT from the material master during the rescheduling check, and as you are using a different PDT in the info record, your order is being created outside the rescheduling horizon. Check this WIKI for details about the rescheduling check:

https://help.sap.com/docs/SUPPORT_CONTENT/erpman/3138697863.html

ssaher412
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Thanks for your guidance.

Just for better clarity, asking some doubts.

1. If this issue is also related to rescheduling check then why SAP not given exception message '10' in my case as per the WIKI. If there are any settings need to check, can you please guide.

2. In OMDW transaction we have rescheduling horizon as '00', then how much days SAP considers for checking the fixed replenishment.

arjuna_bandara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does this PO also appears in the stock requirement list (MD04)?, if not check if the delivery completed indicator has been set at the PO line item delivery tab (regarded as closed)

ssaher412
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Arjuna, the PO's are appearing in the MD04 screen. This PO is still open.
cindychen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please first check the PO quantity is taken as the available Qty or not.  If the PO Qty is not taken as the available Qty, then MRP will generate new supply. 

ssaher412
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi cindychen, How I can check if PO qty is taken as available qty or not.
Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

It might be a rescheduling issue. Check if the PO is included in the rescheduling check or within the rescheduling horizon.

Regards,
Caetano

ssaher412
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

System is not showing any exception message for PO rescheduling. How I can check that if the PO is reschedul or within rescheduling horizon.