cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print labels with customer data after production has finished

former_member332424
Participant

Dear,

I have a request. In SAP i want to achieve that when the GR of a production order is done a label is printed containing information like our customers material nr, lot, quantity, sscc nr etc., so the customer can use this label for their inbound processes.

Please share configuration and custom requirements to be fullfilled.

Thanks.

former_member412
Participant

Hi

Just trying to get more details here on the requirements....

1. Is this MTO scenario?
  2. How do you know the customer for the order unless this is Sales order related production?
  3. You have mentioned reg SSCC Label. Is WM module in the solution landscape?
former_member332424
Participant

Hi Anil,

1/2. More or less it is MTO scenario :-). Let's say it is, but the ship to is entered in the production order via custom programming now and stored in a Z table. The current MES is retrieving it from this table and prints it on the label. However we want to have this process in SAP not in the production MES. So we want the label to be printed from SAP.

3. Normally the label is printed with HUM active is have read in SAP documentation. We don't have HUM but do have SU labels and WM active. Now after the GR from production we want to print the SU label with the number of the SSCC and use this. But the SU label normally is for internal Warehouse use and the SSCC for use outside the company. I wonder if the SU still can be used then. Next to that all the GS1/EAN, customer specific material data, ship to, quantity etc needs to be printed too on the SU label like normally on the GS1 label with HUM active. I just wonder if this is manageable just after GR of production since it is normally during the shipping process where more information is available. But let's say we have all information in SAP at the time of GR from production, then it should be manageable to frabricate a SU label with all this information and barcodes on it to be used by the customer as well rigth? Some of our customer need to use the label we print in their warehouse as well.

Greatfull for replies!

Dhanyavaad!

Mark

former_member412
Participant

Hi,

That’s a great amount of detail shared🙏. :-).

This is a very interesting requirement. And I agree - all the information needed appears to be there already at the time of GR. The approach for creating an SSCC Label would be from tcode SMARTFORMS. The information needed from the MES is already in a Z table- thus, a link between Production Order & Ship to party exists already.

Now for the build: Unless you are techno functional, I think ABAP coder would be needed to implement the bar code; Layout of the form; printer integration; etc.

more pointers in this answer on the config as well:

https://answers.sap.com/comments/4049199/view.html

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh101168
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello mfleskes,

You can develop smartform or adobe form to get the mention details and the same can be used through enhancement hence once user post GR for production order required program to be trigger to print Smart form or adobe form respectively.

Regards,

Rupesh

rupesh101168
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello mfleskes,

If issue get resolved with provided answer, request you to mark it as accepted and close the thread as it is still display as open issue.

Regards,

Rupesh