cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Compliance / Who is the "Supplier"? (Goods Supplier ? Supplier ? other role ?)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor

Hello

in the new SAP software "Product Compliance" (reference: https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_S4HANA_ON-PREMISE/35751be3d6ee423197492574e016a512/3ed513757551420cbb0...

we can perform a "supplier check". Based on online help: it is not clear: who is the "supplier"? The "goods supplier"? The "supplier"? in a nutshell: which "business partner role" as part of the purchasing process is used here?

From functional perspective: i would assume the "Supplier". From "Legal perspective": the goods supplier.

Only by determing e.g. the country of the "Supplier" and more data the software could determine the relevant regulations.

Or is there a "customizing option" which we can use to define the "supplier"?

C.B.

PS: According to "online help". For the "SAP SD process" the role "Ship to" is used only as part of the software; so i would assume taht for SAP MM process the "good supplier" is used. But this is not clearly stated in the "online help"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paulo_Pinto
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello christoph.bergemann.

I'm implementing PC for S/4HANA, having started with the Product Marketability and Chemical Compliance "modules" - we have not yet started with Dangerous Goods Management and SDS and Label Management (and we have already "met" in this forums).

We're considering "suppliers" to be the BPs from which the client organization purchases Products (materials), from raw materials to (trading) goods, to consumables - or any other product type. The Products that are set as compliance-relevant, is what "tells" which suppliers are relevant to be assessed/checked in PC.

(Mind you that we are just beginning and there is a lot to be done and learned)