Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Language Version A

former_member596519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

recently, we did an upgrade vom S/4H 2021 to the latest 2022 (On-Prem).

While checking if everything is still working as expected, I discovered the following error message while doing the assignment of a software package for extensibility,

• Obviously, this is a bug, because the very same packages used to work before the upgrade. A search among the KBA's and a ticket quickly resolved by SAP brought this KBA into picture: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3263253, though, the message seems the same but not the occurence. In the KBA, the error appears upon setting up S_ATO_SETUP, but for our situation, it is already setted up but let's see, maybe this KBA will solve the issue
  • The reason why I am writing this question: What is ABAP Language version "A"? I know 2,3,4,5,X but what about "A", "B" etc.?

Thanks for the support!

Br Aleks

View Entire Topic

Hi Aleks,

your assumption is correct that the KBA will solve the issue. I will update the KBA with this second occurrence soon.

The 'A' stands for the allowed language versions and means 'All'. It comes from a different DDIC domain and was mistakenly used here.

Kind regards

Stefan

former_member596519
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Stefan,

thank you for both confirming the KBA/updating it, and for the explanation regarding the language version. Could I ask you, If you know the respective DDIC by chance, because I was searching the web and was not successfully.

Thank you upfront!

BR Aleks