cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerated Customer Returns Splitting Criteria

TomWoelfel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all, I am looking into where (including Bapi exit points) the splitting criteria can be controlled for subsequent documents associated with a CBAR (Accelerated Return). I have a use case where I want to assign a different return reason code for each if two items on a CBAR (this code is being used to drive a FI substitution during posting of the Credit memo). The standard behavior is causing the creation of 2 different GA2 credit memo requests for returns documents.

My question/requirement is: how can I have these 2 lines (with 2 different return reason codes) get created on the SAME GA2 document?

Thank you in advance for the time and suggestions!

Tom Woelfel

Pedro_Utz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after several days. You can "Unaccept" it anytime if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Pedro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BinLi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom

which system and which version do you use? S/4HANA public cloud, CE2302 version?

actually, for a returns order with 2 items (different return reason), if you use the determine refund in manage customer returns, just one credit memo request would be generated, with two items inside. this is the standard behavior.

Do you have the same plant for the two items in returns order?

Best Regards,

Bin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomWoelfel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bin, we are using private cloud and are on version S/4HANA 2020 FPS01. using This was a good tip, as it changed the behavior. When I create the return in an approved status the subsequent documents get created at point of saving in the background and are splitting. When I create without upfront approval and subsequently approve the CBAR in Manage Customer Returns the subsequent Credit Memo Request is combined. It is interesting how that behavior is different and wondering if/where I could influence the logic so the CMRs combine when doing approval at time of creation.

Thank you for your insights! Tom