Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of Business Functions

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our ERP system will be updated from EhP8 SP Level 14 to SP Level 21 and there is a desire to activate some SAP Business Functions available up to SP Level 21.

With your experience, will you activate the Business Functions along with the upgrade project or will you wait until SP Level upgrade project and testing is over and start activating Business Functions later?

Just a practical question to understand how activation of Business Functions can be carried out during an Upgrade Project.

Regards

Vineeth Varghese

View Entire Topic
vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My initial question is already answered by you, Thanks!

But I thought, I clarify one more point.

For ex: In Plant maintenance we have Business Functions under LOG_EAM_CI_8, LOG_EAM_CI_9 etc and then we have LOG_EAM_SIMPLICITY_8, LOG_EAM_SIMPLICITY_9 etc.

In our SAP PM setup, we do not use SAP NWBC or Portals but using SAP GUI transactions mostly, but have plan to move to S/4 HANA next year. So do you know whether we need to activate SIMPLICITY* business functions when I am activating CI* business functions?

Or is it like simplicity and CI BF's are separated by each other and are like parallel tracks?

manfred_reinart
Advisor
Advisor

Please read the documentation and release notes concerning to these BFs in order to see what functionality they offer. If there are dependencies (or conflicts) they are documented and also visible when you (try to) activate BFs.

LOG_EAM_SIMPLICITY* deal with ABAP-WD based UIs which are widely used in S/4HANA too - but also paralleled/replaced there by UI5 based Fiori Apps.

LOG_EAM_CI* offer functional extensions in various areas.