Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch characteristic update in case of Multiple Physical samples

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a quick question here.

I am using reference characteristics in my Inspection plan which updates the characteristic values in the related batch. In my scenario I have physical samples and business will record different results for each physical sample. The business always wants the results of the last sample to be updated in the batch characteristic. Currently, it is not behaving as expected by business and updating the values randomly (looks like) from different samples.

Can anybody suggest me what is the standard behavior and required config/master data changes I need to do to achieve my requirement.

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I was still not convinced to post a conclusion. But I will let all know my observation.

My business user reported the above issue initially but when i tested, system always copied values from last sample. When i was testing along with business users, I found there is some confusion in their initial testing and system always updates the values not from the last sample but from the recently updated value from any of the sample.

I hope this is the standard behavior as we didn't have any enhancements in place for this functionality.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly activate the check box as shown below in the setting in inspection point identifier and re test. I am not sure whether it works but give a try.

Thanks

Kumar

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Kumar for the input. But I have already done this setting, still no luck.