Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Resource Planning and Staffing tool for Projects

misrasuman1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client is undergoing an evaluation of the best resource management possibilities that their new system in S4 HANA on premise can deliver.

At present in their ECC system they use only WBS and no network activities and so planning of resources is done outside.

The following proposals have been made:

Proposal 1- workforce planning using network activities with assigned work centers. We can bring custom reports to check availability of the resources and utilization across project.

Proposal 2- use MRS with PS (this actually fits in what the client requires like availability bottlenecks of resources, staffing, utilization etc. but client does not want spend more on additional licenses.

Proposal 3 - Use PPM to do resource planning for the cProjects but they do not have a requirement for PPM and for other functions of PPM at present.

Proposal 4 - S4 Hana cloud for Projects for Resource Management. I was reading about this and think is a better fit to the current business need. But three questions - 1. Will it have integration with SAP PS Projects 2. Will this work with On-Premise Version of S4 HANA (As I find from the reads that it is only for Cloud and is in the roadmap of SAP to enable with On-Premise 3. This should also come with additional cost?

Let me know your thoughts on the above.

Regards,

Suman Misra

View Entire Topic
JosipMatun
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi misrasuman1 ,

Please check our product based on the SAP Integration Suite: ePPM Suite - SAP Store

It supports complex Project Management implementation scenarios for SAP, Microsoft and Oracle.

Best regards,

Josip