cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing proposals items postpone and defer functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

In tile "Release billing proposals",I selected a project then I selected one billing proposal item and chose "postpone". Now I see the column "amount to be postponed" and the column "quantity to be postponed" updated.

In the billing proposal screen when I go back, the "billing amount" column is updated. The amount of the billing proposal item has been removed. (cf the attached file)

However I don't understand this functionality. The help says  "This is a mass change option that allows you to postpone the billing of the amounts or quantities of the selected billing proposal items to the next billing cycle ". 

What is the next billing cycle ? When I will be able to seen the amount again and bill the item ?

Also, do you get the difference between "postpone" for an item and "Defer after date" (for all billing proposal items only) ?

Thanks

Manon

View Entire Topic
former_member306668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manon;

This really depends if you have released the billing proposal, e.g billed the remaining items. If yes, then your next billing cycle is the next billing date according to your billing plan in the project.

If you haven't released the billing proposal then you are still in the current "billing cycle". This works of the billing due dates. In this case you can cancel the postponed entries when you edit the proposal again.

Basically everything that you postpone won't be included when you release the proposal and will come up automatically in the next billing proposal

"Defer after date" and "postpone" do exactly the same thing. Difference being that Postpone is applied to the selected items in your proposal. "Defer after date", postpones all items with a service date greater than the date that you have specified.

Regards

Thomas