cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I retrieve the current order type in service order configuration?

Matthias_G
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello community,

we are using variant configuration in a service order (by having a configurable service product). I need to have some object dependencies which are controlled by the order type of the service order. How can I retrieve this? I have tried defining a reference characteristic linked to CAUFVD-AUART and tied this characteristic to the type-300-class assigned to the service product.

When I enter the configuration, I see my characteristic but it's empty. I would have expected to have it filled with the current value of the environment variable CAUFVD-AUART, am I doing something wrong? Or does it just not work like this.

I thought about using a variant config function module for this, but even for that I would need to retrieve the current order type and pass it down to the function… I'm lost... does anyone have an idea how to achieve this?

View Entire Topic
Matthias_G
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am closing this thread.

What I am trying to achieve is not possible in SAP standard. Only certain tables (like VBAK) work as described, but not tables like AUFK in the CS area. The characteristics have to be filled in manually now. It's not that bad as the service order is created in background and I can fill the data by my ABAP coding. But if someone is creating a service order manually, he has to enter characteristics like order type or service plant manually by copying them from the order.