cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Modify standard programs in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition?

JesseJSilaen
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a request from a user to modify the Balance Sheet/Income Statement program, especially the tabs and columns.

JesseJSilaen_1-1712139861837.png

Is it possible to modify the program in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition? because as far as I know, this SAP product cannot access SAPGUI? If you can't modify the standard program, what solution can you do?

Thank You.

View Entire Topic
Ernesto_Cepeda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jesse,

It is NOT possible modify standard programs in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition. The main reason is because SAP performs the upgrade of all customer systems and the core has to be protected to allow this.

That said, SAP provides multiple options to perform customizations (without impacting the core) to support requirements like the one you mention. Some of those options include:

• Alternative Apps: Some apps allow you to add/remove tabs, columns and the way in which the data is displayed (to name a few characteristics). Some of the specific Apps that I would recommend to evaluate are the following: “Balance Sheet/Income Statement – Multidimensional” (is very similar to the one you added but much more flexible), “Trial Balance”, “Journal Entry Analyzer” . For all the apps you can leverage the functionality like: filters, variants (to save parameters), hierarchies, formats and more… I strongly suggest to use them and see all the available functionality (please refer to some screenshots that I added in the bottom from an internal SAP Test System)
  • You can create custom reports in Embedded SAC using the “Manage KPIs and Reports” App. This will allow you to create tailored reports based on specific needs if the previous apps don’t fully support the business requirement.
  • If the customer is planning to use Group Reporting for Financial Consolidation Processes there is also the “Group Financial Statements – Review Booklet” App

I hope this helps!

Ernesto Cepeda

FinanceReports.png