Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS Time recording

abdulazeez12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have observed for few clients, the time recording in CAT2 is done against the receiver/sender cost center. For others, the time is recorded against a network ID. What is the difference between these two? When do we need a network ID and when do we go for cost centers?

Does this selection affect the time postings?

Thanks

View Entire Topic
former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul ,

Say for example -  Billable (T& M Process ) and non billable hours :

Billable hours : This process is integrated with other logistics like Sales & Distribution, Project system ,Human resource and Finance .

Sales order is created in SD , once it is created WBS generated in order itself . PS team will assign the responsible manager and  resources , based on that employee is recorded the billable hours thur CAT2.

Project Manager should approve the time entries in CATS_APPR and HR admini run the report CAT7 (transfer to controlling).

Order  creation - VA01 and WBS assignment CJ01N

Sender cost center is mapped in Infotype 315.

Sender cost center , Activity type ,WBS and A/A , Hours are mandatory in CAT2.

Non billable hours : Reporting manager approves the leave request / non billalbe hours (Bench hours / Holidays...)  For this we have to maintain the emp and manager relations in HRP1001 or PO13.

Should be maintain infotype 105 and subtypes 0001 and 0010.

Regarding Network ID : Please check the below link:

What is a Network? - Project System (PS) - SAP Library

Regards

Siva

abdulazeez12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva.

I understand the billable and non-billable time entries.

In case of billable time, sometimes a WBS/Cost center is used to record the time and sometimes a Network ID is used. My question is which scenario requires WBS/cost center and which one requires a network ID ?