cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM : Condition REA5 triggered during partial settlement without having accruals posted beforehand

i_vercruysse
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

when there are negative settlement items in a partial settlement document (due to a negative business volume on these items and the split criteria implemented), on some items REA5 is being triggered. For this condition contract no accruals have been posted beforehand.  REA5 should not be triggered in this case as it is normally triggered when the accrual posted is larger then the rebate amount during settlement.

Pricing procedures are created in reference with the sap standard ones. 

Anyone has experience how to deal with negative settlement items? 

In order to simplify the example I took a contract with only negative items:

testcase: contract with 15% on both accrual and rebate condition type

WB2R_BUSVOL: a G2 and S1 billing document

i_vercruysse_1-1715692040394.png

only a partial settlement is executed which results in two items

i_vercruysse_2-1715692066932.png

item 1 has a positive business volume , this relates to the S1 billing doc 

i_vercruysse_3-1715692117557.png

item 2 has a negative business volume amount which relates to G2 . Here Z1A5 is triggered but it should not be triggered. Anyone an idea what is the logic when REA5(=  z1a5) is triggered by the settlement program?

i_vercruysse_4-1715692236595.png

Fact that the business volume amount on the first example is negative is not the reason for the issue as for another contract for the same business volume, the Z1A5 was triggered on the first item and not on the second item.

i_vercruysse_5-1715692775699.png

Thanks in advance for some hints,

br, Ilse

View Entire Topic
gvictor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ilse, 

It's been a minute since last time we spoke. 

In your case, REA5 with positive value is a standard behavior and not related to your custom configuration (at least not that I see). The system will post a positive value for REA5 in the case that Net amount is negative and no accruals already posted with REA2 or REA1. 

The logic for REA5 calculation can come from the configuration (shouldn't be the issue for you) and pricing routine 91 from the pricing. 
You can check and debug the pricing routine 91 to check when it's occurring. 

I wouldn't change the pricing routine 91 for that though, as the system is just adjusting the calculation in case we need it in the future. 

E.g. you have a negative business volume for now, hence negative net amount. 
Between now and the next settlement, you have some billing documents where accruals is posted directly (+600 AED). 
If you let the system as-is, the accrual value should reflect the amount that you own (100 AED = -500 + 600). 
If you correct this behavior, you may end up with an accrual value of 600 AED when the settlement should only be 100 AED (if same amount or rate). 

Remember also, that in any case, the excess/insufficient of accruals will be adjusted with every future partial settlements and the remaining balance of accruals will always be closed at the time of Final settlement. 

Regards, 
Gauthier Victor 

i_vercruysse
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gauthier,

many thanks for your answer! 

I understand that the REA5 is triggered by the standard logic in case of negative values and also the purpose as you clearly explained in your example. However it is a bit strange that this is not being done on all negative items (depending on my example , on S1 or on G2) . In this case i would expect that the complete settlement amount would appear in Z1A5 (REA5). 

As you have proposed, i will debug the calculation type 91 to see what is happening. Will keep you updated. 

Best regards, 

Ilse