Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check printing suddenly gives error: No matching records found

former_member268870
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

Our customer have a new error after printing several checks successfully.

When attempting to print checks through the Document printing utility, they get the error: No matching records found - Check for payment (OCHO).

I have looked at the Printing Preferences - change the overflow type there, tested again.

I have changed the Paper Type on the House Bank Accounts tested again. I changed the Hours Bank account Maximum lines and Template name, tested again.

They can print checks one by one via the Check screen, no error. It is only the Document Printing that gives this issue.

They are running 9.3 PL05.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Marli

former_member268870
Participant
0 Kudos

See screenshot

View Entire Topic
former_member268870
Participant
0 Kudos

Here are other trouble shooting tips for this issue:

Please instruct customers to always print checks via Document Printing, and never from Checks for Payment. Printing from both modules can lead to inconsistencies.

If it is a document printing issue. You can try the following:

1. Change the check’s default PLD to a system layout (check-stub-stub system), and test. This is to eliminate their custom PLD from being the issue. If you get the same error, then you know it’s not the custom layout. I would still keep the system as the default until you resolve issue.
  2. If same error:
    1. Make sure Document Printing is set to “not printed”. Test. Switch it to checks for reissue. Test.
    2. Change settings in Bank Accounts. Remove template. Test. Remove max lines. Test. Use blank paper overflow. Test.
    3. Change settings is Checks for Payment, check or uncheck “print on blank paper”. Test.

It’s a trial and error issue. You can always test one of their different databases to see if prints successfully.