cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#CoE #RFL01 OPD / send by email only for External Billing Documents and External Credit Memos

a1yomghy
Active Participant

Dear All,

We use an API for Order and Contract Management : Billing Document – Create ( Technical name: BillingDocumentRequest_In), in accordance with SAP guidelines : https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_S4HANA_CLOUD/03c04db2a7434731b7fe21dca77440da/3ddf092469f8410f9186c0aa...

We wish that the billing documents and credit memos created from this API could be automatically sent by email, and only them.

According to SAP's help portal, those documents are set with the following :

I see that, in the OPD, I can add a condition in Determination step "Channel" with BillingType = CIX1, which would make it possible to automatcially send emails for external billing documents and not for the internal ones. But for the Credit Memos, the setting "G2" is not reserved to External Credit Memos, so I do not know how could I create a condition for External Credit Memos to be sent automatically by email.

Could I add a condition in one of the OPD steps (and how ?), so that in my Company Code, Billing Documents and Credit Memos created externally with the API (and only them), would be automatically sent by email, and only them?

Thanks for your advices on this !

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Enda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi yomghi

I updated the tag to S/4HANA Cloud for Sales as the Billing Service BillingDocumentRequest_In belongs to this application area.

Best Regards

Enda

Webster_Cui
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Guillaume,

Could you please clarify what's meaning of 'the setting "G2" is not reserved to External Credit Memos'? As far as I see G2 should work as the same as CIX1.

Regards,

Web

a1yomghy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear webster.cui

Actually when creating a billing document directly in SAP, I chose F2 type and not CIX1 :

For instance in app. Create Billing Documents, I select F2 and not CIX1. So CIX1 is apparenly reserved for external billing documents.

When creating a credit memo using the same app. I wiill select G2 instead of F2. So G2 apparently does not make it possible to distinguish external Credit memos from manually created credit memos.

Hope this clarifies the issue.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

I see there just"-1" is that correct? Then I have 2 comments:

1.) please use a 1 instead of -1 (I know this should make no difference, but you never know... 😉 )

2.) when I try it out my system shows me =-1 or =1 so I think the equal sign is missing in your picture. So how did you fill in the value? You should do it via the "direct value input" menu point in the dropdown. You can choose there "is equal to", but there is also the possibility to select "is not initial"!

(And don't forget to activate your changes, this was my problem sometimes in the past.)

What you can then also try out (if it's available on your side), is the simulation. There you can fill in values and check how the system behaves.

Hope my comments help!

Best regards,

Sandra

a1yomghy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sarah,
The quality of the screenshot was not good, but indeed it is "=1" and not "-1" :

set like this :

Hope we can find a solution. Because evrything seems logical, but doies not work 😞

Best regards,

Guillaume