components not getting selected from super BOM

former_member210771
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

New issue i faced is,

created new configurable material with class type 300

created configuration profile

created super BOM with components and selection condition ( with no syntex error)

created routing with one operation

when cheking in CU50 no component with selection condition are getting selected.

components which doesnt have selection condition are getting selected.

varified every thing many times , but didnt understand why its not working , so thought to check , whats the checklist i follow in this case.

Thanks

Chin   

Message was edited by: chin yang

View Entire Topic
Ritz
Active Contributor

Hi Chin,

check characterstic is correct in dependeccies.

configuration profile is released

check syntax for dependencies

check correct class is assigned to material

activate trace before assigning values in CU50 and check the trace result wheather your dependencies got triggered after assigning values.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member210771
Participant
0 Kudos

checked every thing is fine and have no error.

tried to use trace but i can activate it but cant display the result, appriciate if you can tell how to use it.

Thanks

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In CU50 , before assigning values activate trace then assign values select result and then display the trace, it will show , which dependencies got trigger and which not.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member210771
Participant
0 Kudos

not working , i selected activate trace the assign values and when i try to display it , that option is gery out so cant select.

correct me if the steps are wrong.

its really frustrating , just a simple component selection is not happening.

pls reply.

Thanks

Chin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chin,

Are the selection conditions local or global ? If they are global can you please ensure that it is set to status released in CU02. Also, in CU50 , Can you please send the screen shot of the dependency you have written and also the assigment to the bom item.

Thanks

Amber

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chin,

Features

A selection condition is fulfilled if the condition in it is unambiguously true.

A selection condition is fulfilled if the value in the condition is set for the characteristic.

A selection condition is not fulfilled if:

1) A different value is set for the characteristic

2) No value is set for the characteristic

better go through link for more details on selection conditions.

also to check wheather your dependencies are getting trigger and BOM explosion is working you can use Analysis function in CU50.

once you assign values and executed for result , use Extra - -- Analysis, it will give lot of information including dependecies triggered as well as component selected form BOM explosion.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member210771
Participant
0 Kudos

I got solution , when i removed $SELF from syntex it started working?

so the syntex CHARACTERSTIC = 'VALUE' is working fine but $SELF.CHARACTERSTIC = 'VALUE' is not working is it fine?

in local as well as global.

Thanks to all of you for help.

Chin

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its good that you got solution, but tell me have you got any syntex error while using $SELF?

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member210771
Participant
0 Kudos

yes i was getting error that , syntex is incorrect.

any way , thanks for help.

Chin