Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creation ' in mass ' of Long Text in Maintenance Items

technical001
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

Could you tell me if is it possible to create „in mass“ ( LSMW ) the Long Text of the Maintenance Items ?

--- Please note that this request is not for creating text or Long Text in the Task Lists ---

Best regards

Y.G.

View Entire Topic
plummer_jeff
Explorer
0 Kudos

When you create a new LSMW for long text and enter the object 0001 and method 0001, it should default in the program name of SAP_LSMW_IMPORT_TEXTS automatically. This method works for almost any long text object in the system because SAP stores long text in a specific common table instead of with every individual data object.

This may require you to create a new LSMW if you don't already have one for long texts and I've included a screen shot of the area under step 1, define object attributes, for creating the LSMW. This method is independent of the object on which you are loading the long text. You will see that the structure behind this method has a header and line item level. The header has the text object, text ID, and name (maintenance item number in this case) and the line item level has the text format and text line. I usually a header ID to both (just a sequential number) and a the header ID and line item number to the line item to link and sort the data.