Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card payment method : Sales Order

former_member627545
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, all

I'm trying to take credit card payment for sales order. What should i do for this process?
With National bank, i want to make sales order paid by credit card and check sales amount(perhaps..in bank statement?) only about Credit card transactions.

How can i this? What process should i take?
I really hope your answer

View Entire Topic
michael_piesche
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Da Som Baek,

First of all, where are the payment cards captured and the authorisations generated?
a) In a web shop or
b) in the SAP ECC system via VA01
c) both

Are you aware that when dealing with Visa and Mastercard Credit Cards, you need to follow PCI DSS guidelines and risk having to be audited in case you handle and store sensible credit card information in your systems. If the PSP offers Alias-numbers for credit cards, you would be fine using the alias for recurring transactions, but the first transaction needs to be done through a web page handled by your PSP.

Have you selected a PSP yet and set up a test account with them, those should be generelly free of charge. For the production environment, your customer needs to have contracts with the PSP as well as the acquiring bank(s). Depending on the payment cards/solution you are wanting to offer (e.g. Visa, Mastercard, American Express or also Paypal, bank wires, etc.), the right PSP and acquiring banks need to be evaluated.

Authorisation and Settlement in the SAP system are handled via function modules set up in the merchant and account customizing for payment cards. The coding for those needs to be implemented in order to communicate with the PSP by sending a request and interpreting the answer. With S/4, SAP has the SAP Digital Payments Add-on, where you dont need to implement the communication with the PSP (as long as they support that PSP already as it is a rather new add-on).

How far in the process are you? You might have to look into getting external help as there are a lot of things to consider with payment card handling especially with after sales processes.

former_member627545
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Michael.

First of all, Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, we don't use Merchant web perhaps owned by Paypal and we deal with credit cards of Korea.... i've seen most of related document about credit card payment. But, conclusion is only pre-accepted service providers can be used and i can't use other service provider until SAP accept and develop it.

Is there any solution using credit card as payment method with non-pre-accepted service provider?

Thanks regards,
Dasom

michael_piesche
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dasom

When you talk about "pre-accepted service provider", are you in the S/4 HANA environment and looking at using the "SAP Digital Payments Add-on"? They are currently trying to get more PSPs included into their Add-on solution, so try to shoot them an E-Mail and see if your PSPs are on their roadmap.

You could also go the other way and implement the solution to connect to a PSP yourself in SAP. For a web shop, you need E-Commerce Merchant contracts, for a backoffice (Call-Center or automated System), you need Mail-Phone-Order Merchant contracts. You have to be aware of PCI DSS, this would be the case if you are planning on using Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, Diners, etc.. In that case, no sensitive credit card data such as number and CVV can be handled or stored by any of your systems. Instead you would need a way to make the transaction through the PSP website(s) and then have the answer processed back in your system.

Such a solution is always a more or less custom implementation project and I am not a aware of an "off the shelf solution", other than the above mentioned Add-on.

0 Kudos

Dear Michael, Could you please mail a document on this Pradeep174@gmail.com, thanks

michael_piesche
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pradeep174 please Check the following answer for the custom credit card implementation requirements: https://answers.sap.com/questions/1982154/credit-card-configuration-in-sap.html

if you have specific issues, please open a new question.