cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Exposure value not updating

MTerrazas
Explorer
0 Kudos

When I place an order, the Credit Exposure value does not update in some cases. Any idea why this might be happening?

Here's an example of the step-by-step process being carried out:

1. I have the Business Partner (BP), with a credit limit set at 10,000, and the current credit exposure is 813.37. As seen, it is defined with the UKM000 role for Credit Management.

2. An order is created for the customer with an amount, this amount should influence the credit exposure.

3. The Credit Management message is received.

4. I check the BP again, and there are no changes despite having created the order.

And as an additional note, the credit exposure amount also does not update when the credit limit is exceeded. Any thoughts on this?

I appreciate your support, regards.

View Entire Topic
jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@MTerrazas for Items relevant for MRP, the Credit Block removes the Confirmed Quantity and Credit Exposure is not updated. 

If the Item is not relevant for MRP (for example Service Item or Debit Memo Item) then the Credit exposure is updated even though there is a Credit Block. 

If there is a Customization in your system, for example The confirmed Quantities are retained even if there is a Credit Block, the Credit Exposure is updated. You will have explore further in your system. 

A good start would be to read SAP Note 377165 and 2501945. If you find these Notes relevant, they have references to other Notes to help you understand the system behavior. 

Thanks,