cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed responses from QueryBusinessDocumentMessageIn

jravnik
Participant

Hi community,

I currently face kind of a bottle neck while using QueryBusinessDocumentMessageIn.

We have set up an application, which sends Journal Entry Vouchers to ByD via the standard communication arrangement "Journal Entry Voucher Integration" (using the asynchronous inbound web service /sap/bc/srt/scs/sap/accountingentryreplicationin) as we need to write specific fields, which cannot be written otherwise via integrations.

We expect the processing of the asynchronous web service to be done within a few seconds or at the most a few minutes (which is fine for our scenario).

The overall creation of Journal Entry Vouchers works as expected and we do receive the results within ByD (either the Journal Entry Voucher has been created or an error was thrown due to a content error while processing - this can be observed in the UI of ByD).

Of course, we want to give users of the application the possibility to see what happened, give them a result protocol and also trigger further steps within the application based on the result of the internal processing of ByD.

Therefore we use the web service QueryBusinessDocumentMessageIn to query for our message we just sent (via the set message ID), which it was made for.

However, even after the processing has been finished (and the results can be observed in the work center "Web Service Message Monitoring") the web service QueryBusinessDocumentMessageIn does not return the expected response (it acts like the message was not found / never existed).

Then, after a set amount of time (about 30 minutes or sometimes even longer) the QueryBusinessDocumentMessageIn web service suddenly returns a response stating that the processing worked flawlessly (i.e. the Journal Entry Voucher was created) or failed due to some content error (like the Journal Entry Voucher failed to be created due to a missing/wrong configuration in the master data).

So, overall the processing is more or less instantanious, the results of such can be observed immediately on the UI of ByD, but the QueryBusinessDocumentMessageIn web service does not return the success/error log and after 30 minutes suddenly acts as expected.

Therefore I think that there is some kind of mass data run or health check which makes results of the processing available for querying via the web service, which runs at a given interval (like every 30 minutes).

However, this very much renders the web service QueryBusinessDocumentMessageIn useless in a scenario where users need fast feedback.

Can someone (maybe from SAP) confirm the same?

Is there a possiblity to influence this behaviour (i.e. trigger something) and receive processing results of specific messages faster (i.e. instantanious, like on the UI or at most after 5 minutes).

Thank you and best regards
Jürgen

VVancalbergh
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is undoubtedly way too late, but this is better posted as an incident to SAP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)