cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: (GLT2 201) Balancing field "Profit Center " in line item 001 not fi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While trying to upload a MT940 bank statement thru FF_5 am facing this error " Error: (GLT2 201) Balancing field "Profit Center " in line item 001 not filled".

Can any one let me know how to overcome this error.

Thanks and Regards

SrihariBolla

View Entire Topic
bhaskar_nagula
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Kindly check SAP Note: https://me.sap.com/notes/0002921282

2921282 - GLT2201 - Balancing field Profit Center in line item not filled

In Asset accounting, there are two possible reasons that cause error message GLT2201, hence the most common customizing areas to check to resolve the error are:

1. As SAP Note 684659 describes: activate the required account assignment objects
    The customizing menu path for the activation of the account assignment object is defined in customizing in Asset Accounting under Financial accounting (New) ->Asset Accounting -> Integration with the New General Ledger Accounting -> Additional Account assignment objects -> 'Activate Account Assignment Objects' and 'Specify Account Assignment Types for Account Assignment Objects'.
  2. Further it is important that the account assignment objects are ready for input (Field Status: Optional Entry) in the field status of the Account and the Posting Key. Hidden (Suppressed) objects are not copied to the line items.
    For the (Reconciliation) Account used for the Asset, check the current field status of the account assignment objects and the Field Status Variant and the Field Status Group associated with same:
    - go to SAP Easy Access -> SAP Menu -> Accounting -> Financial Accounting -> General Ledger -> Master Records -> G/L Accounts -> Individual Processing -> FS00 - Centrally (Transaction FS03)
    - enter GL Account and company code and select Tab 'Create/bank/interest'
    - double-click on the Field status group -> Select Group Additional account assignments -> check the field status of cost center, profit center and WBS element. Set at least to "optional" entry.
    Or if the Field status group assigned in the account is known (i.e. G007 Asset accts (w/o accumulated depreciatn) or G008 Assets area clearing accounts):
    - go to customizing transaction OBC5 -> check the Field status variant assigned to the company code
    - go to customizing transaction OBC4 -> Select Field Status Group -> drill down to Select Group Additional account assignments -> check the field status of cost center, profit center and WBS element. Set at least to "optional" entry.
  3. Check the posting key involved in transaction OB41: i.e. select posting key 70 -> Maintain Field Status -> Additional Account account assignments -> check the field status of cost center, profit center and WBS element. Set at least to "optional" entry.