cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add new columns to IW72 without risking performance?

BGI
Participant

I want to add additional columns to the result screen of transaction IW72.

I've managed to do this by using the BAdI "Extend Single-Level Lists". For this I've implemented BAdI interface IF_EX_BADI_EAM_SINGLELEVELLIST and extended structure RIHAUFK_LIST.
Method IF_EX_BADI_EAM_SINGLELEVELLIST~FILL_ADD_FIELDS is used to add the content of the additional fields.

The downside to this approach is that I can only add the content of the additional fields for only a single line at a time. This can impact the performance significantly if many orders are selected or if many fields are to be filled.

Do you have any alternative approaches? Modifying or copying the original program is out of the question, of course.

I'm currently working on NetWeaver 7.5.

MTerence
Active Contributor

Hi Benjamin,

I am not a expert in ABAP, came across a post which is related to IW38 transaction, since IW72 also will be similar, i sharing this link.

https://blogs.sap.com/2015/10/06/how-to-add-custom-fields-as-selection-inputs-to-iw3839/

Regards

Terence

BGI
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Thanks for your input. The link describes an approach that's very useful if the data that's to be displayed is saved in table AUFK by adding it to append structure CI_AUFK. Unfortunately, the data I want to display is not suited to be saved in AUFK and should be retrieved from other database tables instead.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)