cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check which class is released or not released like FM

Gaku
Explorer

Hello,experts.

Please tell me how to check which class is released or not released.

I know how to check function module.

I believe the same method can be used to find classes.

Thanks.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which ABAP version do you mean?

Gaku
Explorer
0 Kudos

The ABAP version is 2022.

If the way to check class depends on ABAP version, please tell me the diffrence.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

It's a little complex and I don't master this topic.

ABAP 2022 is possible 7.57 so it can be ABAP Cloud or not.

If you use "ABAP Cloud", you may use only the Released APIs. Basis APIs are listed under the ABAP documentation, and the rest of S/4HANA is available directly via Eclipse through a project tree if I'm not mistaken. See Sevdiye answer.

If you are not using "ABAP Cloud" ("classic ABAP"), you may call any class and any function module, SAP did not define very clearly what is released, what is not, see Dominik answer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ssarban
Employee
Employee

Hi Gakuto,

this blog here gives you a good overview on what the different C0-C3 release contracts mean (please check 2. What is the C0 release contract). It also describes how you can find released objects in ADT for the different release contracts (please check 4. How can you find C0 released APIs in ADT). Please apply this for the release contract you want to use. For specific objects (e.g. classes), in ADT, you can open the Properties tab and navigate to API State. This also gives you a direct information whether an object is released or not.

Also check out our official keyword documentation: ABAP Keyword Documentation (sap.com).

Regards

Sevdiye

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello aiueo

I don't think classes provide a concept similar to function modules release. However you can safely assume that if SAP intends a class to be used by customers, they provide documentation for the class.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski