Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import purchases

Kishan_22
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is about import purchases. Earlier we used to configure them under foreign trade and import purchase tab use to appear to enter compliance details. This option is not available. How exactly import purchases are handled without GTC in core S4?. Has anyone done the configuration ? Can you please provide configuration and process steps.

View Entire Topic
Eric_Yu
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan, would you please try the application 'migrate your data'?

Vijayendra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kishan,

Import is only different from normal purchasing in-terms of vendor/supplier resides outside the country, rest all the process is same. There is no exclusive test scope Item for Import procurement.

So accordingly the supplier master has to be created, PO will be in vendor currency. Rest you can have custom duty in your country then accordingly how you can pay them that you need to decide and make sure they are paid as planned delivery cost. If not then it is anyway a normal process where in master data can be maintained, rest it seems that you are checking for "International Trade: Import" which you are referring as 'foreign trade' node which is also available in material master.

There is nothing additional needs to be done.

Best Regards,

Vijayendra

Kishan_22
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

Not sure how does that help.. I am looking for some process details in new S/4 and relevent configuration as I don't see earlier foreign trade node. Through manage your data I can load legacy data by selecting relevent migration object.

Kishan_22
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks vijayendra.tiwari01 .

But I was looking for specifically on the functionality of import purchase on foreign trade node as it was driving compliance reporting based on the additional tab we used to get in the header details of the PO. I understand the GTS is a broader concept and requires additional licensing, I was looking for basic import purchase functionality which we used to get in ECC.

Vijayendra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello kishan79 ,

Will you please share any screenshot of the earlier import PO you created in your ECC system? As I see that additional data tab is available in header of the PO for app 'Create Purchase Order - Advanced'. As far as I am aware for the basic import process it is normally PO, GR and MIRO, rest if in case there is additional planned delivery cost then that also need to be taken care as separate invoice.

With respect to foreign trade data you have option to maintain the same in material master, where in you can maintain import code and other details.

Would you please explain what is exactly your business process? So that I can think more.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Vijayendra

Vijayendra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello kishan79,

Any update on this?

Best Regards,

Vijayendra