Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Type Configuration Vs. Item Category

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In the License Type configuration, you can set the Check First Doc. in Document Flow. For me this setting allows the License from the sales order, scheduling agreement, etc. to flow through the transactions to the declaration.

Then there is this setting in the item category, Copy Legal Control Data from Predecessor Item. 

So, I am thinking there could be a conflict, or are these settings complimenting each other.

Any thoughts from the Community?

Regards, Dean.

View Entire Topic
mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor

Hi Dean,

To help further, I am going to make some assumptions here:

a. You have ticked "Document number" in your license type customizing (If it is not ticked, then the discussion is irrelevant)

b. You have ticked "Copy Legal Control Data from Preceding Item" (In SPRO, Activate Item Categories for Application Area)

c. Sales order (e.g. #123) is the first document checked for license. Then Outbound delivery (e.g. #789) is the second document checked for license

d. The license is already assigned to the Sales Order #123

e. Below explanation is how the system behaves when the Outbound delivery is being checked by GTS

f. All what I say below is based on my understanding of the customizing (I don't have the time nor a test system to check this)

The behaviour of the system will greatly change based on how you maintained your control settings for Legal Control (At Legal Regulation level hence) and more specifically the Transfer Legal Control Data setting (Which has 3 possible values I am going through below)

Scenario 1: You did not tick the "Check First Doc. in document flow"

1.a Transfer Legal Control Data = Do not transfer License --> Outbound delivery is blocked because the License is not transferred from the Sales Order

1.b Transfer Legal Control Data = Transfer License with Limited Checks --> Outbound delivery is not blocked because the License is transferred from the Sales Order and only minimal data is checked like date, status or quantity/value (document number is not checked/is irrelevant during the transfer)

1.c Transfer Legal Control Data = Recheck License for New Document --> Outbound delivery is blocked because when transferring the License, system checks the Document number and as SO number is not same as OBD number, license check fails

Scenario 2: You did tick the "Check First Doc. in document flow"

2.a Transfer Legal Control Data = Do not transfer License --> Outbound delivery is blocked because the License is not transferred from the Sales Order

2.b Transfer Legal Control Data = Transfer License with Limited Checks --> Outbound delivery is not blocked because the License is transferred from the Sales Order and only minimal data is checked like date, status or quantity/value (document number is not checked/is irrelevant during the transfer)

2.c Transfer Legal Control Data = Recheck License for New Document --> Outbound delivery is not blocked because when transferring the License, system uses the Sales Order number (First document in document flow) for the license determination

So the main difference is between 1.c (OBD blocked) and 2.c (OBD not blocked).

In a nutshell, the key question is: would you rather have all the subsequent documents in the document flow to be blocked in GTS and then the users manually enter all the documents in the license in GTS (Sales Order, Outbound Delivery, etc...), then go for scenario 1.

Or would rather have only the 1st document in the document flow blocked, the users enter this 1st document in the license in GTS and then users do not have to maintain the numbers of the subsequent documents in the license in GTS, then go for scenario 2.

Hope this helps.

Mouaz