cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory fields error messages in HCM forms and processes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may sound to be a very simple problem but I am unable to get to the root of the issue and thus need an expert advise here.

I have created several forms in the system out of which one is an OM form using SAP_PD service for create position. There are few mandatory fields in the form scenario such as

TITLE

ABBREVIATION

EMPLOYEE GROUP

EMPLOYEE SUBGROUP

As expected, system issues an error message if these field are left out blank but the error message is generic for all the fields and is missing the field name.

Actual Error Message

Complete the required entry field ""

Expected Error Message

Complete the required entry field "Employee Group"

Complete the required entry field "Employee Subgroup"

However, there are couple of fields in the form scenario which issues a correct error message

Complete the required entry field "Object abbreviator" (P1000-SHORT)

I am unable to identify the difference between the couple of fields that issues a correct message and rest 20 other fields which doesn't.

Regards,

Murtuza Kharodawala

View Entire Topic
Tatenda_Chaibva
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

I had a similar problem, but i think the problem stems from the entry in table T777IFPROPS this is where the fields attributes are stored by SAP, but they have also provided an override table T777IFPROPC which you can maintain to override this setting. This is carried out via the view V_T777IFPROPC, while the standard settings can be viewed via V_T777IFPROPS. Please see screen shot of your current setting below.

Regards

Tatenda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, SAP came up with a similar response. However, this only fixed the issue partially as we wanted to have the description maintained in the form scenario fields to appear as part of the error message.

We ended up creating custom messages in order to suffice the requirement.

Regards,

Murtuza Kharodawala