cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping new Released BADIs to Classic BADI/Enhancements in the context of Clean Core Transformations

ssen283
Explorer

Hi SAP Experts,

I am currently working on designing solutions for customers upgrading to S/4HANA, adhering to the Clean Core protocols. I'm seeking guidance regarding transformation of legacy enhancements, particularly around the following:

As of S/4HANA 2022 (system table 'ARS_API_SUCCSSR' or Cloudification Repository), SAP offers 49 released BADI replacements/successors mapped to just 15 classic BADIs. Whereas, from the masterdata table for Released APIs ('ARS_W_API_STATE'), we find over 1200 BADIs that are C1 Released (Key-user + ABAP Cloud). Queries:

• Does SAP offer any mapping for the remaining 1100+ released BADIs to classic ones?
  • Is there any recommended approach on mapping all those SAP Released BADIs to classic enhancements for Brownfield customers. Can SCFD_REGISTRY contents or any other utility be leveraged here?
  • Are Released BADIs also intended to cover other commonly used classic enhancement types such as - Exits, Source-code enhancements (Implicit/Explicit), Form Routines, BTEs etc. ?

Any clarity or insights on the points above would be very helpful for enabling a smooth S/4HANA clean-core transition. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

S Sen

View Entire Topic
Jochen
Explorer
0 Kudos

One way could be to use the Custom Code Migration App (or ATC) to analyze against a Abap Cloud migration of the "custom code". I never did that by myself, but in the sense of Clean Core that may be a possibility.

ssen283
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen, Thanks for the suggestion, however my query is specifically around Released BADIs that are recommended to be used in place of commonly used classic enhancement objects. If the Custom Code Migration App offers anything around usage of released enhancement objects (BADIs), that'll be interesting for the query I have above.