cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME_PROCESS_CUST_PO_CUST avoid currency convertion is ITEM after changing currency in HEADER

eachtime
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I have a requirement to change the header currency when running ME59N but when I do it in PROCESS_ITEM method, the currency does change, however the standard next does an automatically currency conversion on value fields that I'm trying to avoid but I don't know how to do it.

Does anyone know if it is possible to skip the standard currency conversion?

Thank you in advance,
Tiago Cadavez

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would you mind explaining what the Business requirement is ?

eachtime
Explorer
0 Kudos
Business requirement:
  • the business require the ability to purchase in multiple currencies from the same vendor within a single P.Org/Plant (the ordering currency for vendor and plant combination is not always fixed to a single currency)
  • the business do not wish to begin using material masters and purchase info records in the indirect procurement space as this would be a huge impact and master data maintenance overhead
  • The system to support entry of different ordering currencies during indirect PR creation, and for the specified currency to be copied to the PO during conversion (background batch program or manual conversion)

The proposal was to use ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST to change the currency to ensure field value for PR item currency is successfully adopted as the associated PO header currency without being overwritten by the vendor master default. I'm able to change the currency as required, but we need the amount to stay the same however the standard unfortunately forces currency conversions and changes the value according to conversion rates of the currencies in question

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is expected behaviour the value to change when the currency is changed based on the exchange rate you maintain.

Let us assume, you have a rate of USD 200.00 and do you want to change only the text USD to EUR but the value remains same as 200.00?

eachtime
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is there any chance to skip this currency conversion?