cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM customizing - How can I make editable a field after release of Maintenance order

andreagiugio
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to make editable a field after release of Maintenance order.

I go to transaction IW32 and open an existing order (order should be already released) clicking “header data”

I see some fields that can be editable: I would like to have the field “Costs” editable. Currently this field is a display only after release of the order as we can see below

I am quite sure that it is possible to make editable in the customizing.

Indeed the field “Costs” is highlighted in blue as I have changed the setting in the customizing, at the following  path:

Plant Maintenance and Customer Service --> Maintenance and service processing à Maintenance and service orders à define field selection  for order operation (PM and CS)

If you go on this path and choose the first option below

Then select “Screen groups”

And double click on 

If you scroll the list of the field  you will see the field “Estimated costs” that is the “Costs” field in the Header that I try to make it editable. It is highlighted in blu because I have flagged as you can see:

Can anyone help me how to make it editable?

Thanks in advance

View Entire Topic
paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The estimated costs field is display only after the order is released. This is hardcoded and you can not change this in customizing.

-Paul

Please use the EAM space for Plant Maintenance topics

andreagiugio
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

thanks for the reply. I hoped to change the setting in Customizing.

How can I do to get the result? ABAP development..what program I should change?

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It could only be done by modification. You probably need to do a screen trace (ST20) to see where the field is changed to read-only. Also there is an alternate possible solution outlined at the end of this thread.

-Paul