cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Position of each Status within Production Order Status field

ann_hustis
Contributor

I have some questions about Production Order statuses as seen in the CM07 Production Schedule report below.

1. What controls the position of the status within the Overall order status field? For example, in the second production order the MACM appears in the 6th position but in the next order it appears in the 4th position. And when there are missing parts why is MSPT not in the same position as MACM since they both deal with availability of components?

2. Can I control the position of the status through configuration? Or is it pre-set by SAP?

Here is why I ask: I’d like the users to quickly see whether this order has status MSPT missing parts or MACM all components committed and it’s a bit painful for them to have to read the whole character string to find the answer.

I know that I could configure a User Status for this but I don’t want to touch User Status since they are used for another purpose.

Thank you very much.

View Entire Topic
ann_hustis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan, Thank you for your answers.

Re Ad.1 - Thanks.

Re Ad.2 - Yes I'm aware of the COOIS and COOISPI reports but we do not want to select orders by the status MSPT vs MACM when running the production schedule. All REL production orders must be on the production schedule report, whether they have the status MSPT or MACM. We simply want those statuses to be more visible in the report.

sapdude
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Ann,
No problem, I am happy to help!
When it comes to the Ad.2 - I think the best approach would be to get in touch with your ABAP Team.

As I understood:
- you do not want to use User Statuses, as they are reserved for other processes
- you want to provide clean and simple visibility for your users, which REL orders have MSPT or MACM status.

Therefore, I would consider adding a custom column with a logic (and add this field as a selection criteria in the report):

If an order has MSPT status, the field displays 'Missing Parts'.
If an order has MACM status, the field displays 'Material commited'.

All the best,
Dan