cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Org field missing in ME51N

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

In ME51N transaction the purchase organization field is missing at the line item. Please guide how to activate the field.

Its urgent.

Regards,

Rahul

z6132937152
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same issue and fixed through Personal Settings - Basic Settings tab, and check Item overview as grid control.

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

It is better to check with basis team for authorization level access - ME51N.

If no authorization level access is provided, request them to activate for ME51N.

Thanks,

Vivek

pankaj_yadav6
Participant
0 Kudos

Pl change your layout settings by clicking on "choose layout ->change layout" button.

And if another user's can able to view but you can not, then it's definitely a user authorization issue.

Pl check with your Basis team.

pankaj_yadav6
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

schaganti1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

check changing the layout me51n we can include and exclude porg in the line item through layout

Regard

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The layout tab is missing in the ME51N screen. could it be authorization issue or some other things?

Please guide.

Regards,

Rahul

bestepolat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Did you check your customization?

I'll send the ss of customization. Purchasing organization field should be ticked.

and then, you should check layout. here is the ss:

Sincerely,

Beste

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Beste,

Theres no issue in the field referene part which is assigned to the document type. The other user can see the purchasing organization field and they have access to the change layout the one you have shared in the second screenshot. The problem is only with one user. the particular is not able to see the change layout setting itself. If I can get the change layout setting for the user I would be able to control the purch org field.

Regards,

Rahul

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If one user can and the other user not, then it is usually an authorization setting which restricts him to do the same.

What I see from the screen is that your tool bar is below the item overview, in my system it is actually above. I don't know if that is caused by a different GUI or other SAP release, but let your user  check with /nsu53  if he is missing authority, you can also compare authorization of 2 users via SUIM

ankurch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please check your configuration for the Field Selection of Purchase Requisition through the following path -

SPRO>IMG>Materials Management>Purchasing>Purchase Requisition>Define Screen Layout at Document Level>

Here check for screen layout of purchase requisition!

Thanks

Ankur Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Have you check screen variant or screen layout for selected user only?

joydeep_mukherjee2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir ;

it seems that the problem is wth the Kayout only as mentioned by other friends .

Please check and confirm ,

Joydeep

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

AS you said, this problem is with specific user only rest all are able to see the details.

Check if other users able to see the layout change option?

Check the SU53 for the user for any authorization missing.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please check layout selections in mb51n --There is  14 tab insert layout check weather it is correct or not and

check the configuration screen layout selection which is assigned to document type setting. 

Regads

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

I didn't found the layout selection field in the me51n transaction could you please guide how to access it.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Before go in to the Configuration, check the layout of the - Item overview. Check if the POrg is in the hide mode.

If it is not there than check the config settings

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

Can u please tell me how to check the layout of the item overview.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member183468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

please find the below screenshot from here you check layout fields. and also you can change it as per your requirements.

Regards,

B V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi B V,

If you check in my screenshot the layout option is not there.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check under the tab "Source of supply"?

joydeep_mukherjee2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir ;

Please checkwhat is your document type and check what is the Screen layout is assignned to that .

then chaange the configuration in the sccren layout .

"Define screenlayout at documentl level "

Joydeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

The issue is with one particular user, other user are able to see the purchase org, fixed vendor and outline agreement field. I have check the document type and the screen reference assigned all are configured correctly. we are using standard document type.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the layout as suggested.

Seems you're in the higher version, might be check the field status by clicking the icon specified in the screenshot below.