cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read CBO table data in SAP EML

Schalager1
Participant
0 Kudos

How can I read data from a Custom Business Object (CBO) in SAP EML behaviour class?

View Entire Topic
Jerry_Lowery
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi 

Sorry I have not tried it from EML but every CBO creates a custom CDS View definition - can you read the custom cds view?

Thank you

Jerry

Schalager1
Participant
0 Kudos
I tried that, but the following error is displayed: "The use of CDS Entity YY1_CFG_CONSUMPTION is not permitted."
Schalager1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @Jerry_Lowery , I followed your links but none of them is working. It looks that in SAP Public Cloud with ABAP steampunk I am not able to read data from CBO. It really weird.

"The use of Class CL_BLE_HTTP_CLIENT is not permitted" 

Jerry_Lowery
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi - I have reached out to some of our experts and will update you when I hear back.
Jerry_Lowery
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, we got the following feedback from our colleagues:

"When you create a CBO this creates a Custom CDS View, but this view is only available for Key User and is not available for Developer Extensibility since it has no release contract and you can't set it. It means that it's not possible to CRUD data from this CDS view using EML. The only one way to do it is to call an external API. You sent the right link of how to do it in your answer https://community.sap.com/t5/enterprise-resource-planning-blogs-by-sap/api-operations-for-custom-bus... . When you have the API you can call it from your code in Developer Extensibility."

thank you

Jerry