cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap B1 Patch 2311 sluggish and slowing down system

mkaz
Explorer

Since upgrading to patch level 2311, the system becomes sluggish after a short while of using it.

This effects all apps, not only Sap B1. The computer becomes very slow but the issue is resolved immediately when closing SAP B1. When the system starts becoming sluggish, Sap B1 display also gets very slow and then distorted. Looks like fonts cannot be shown anymore in a correct way.

Is anybody else experiencing the same?

Prior patch level (2308 with HF) did not have this issue.

View Entire Topic
mikol
Associate
Associate

Hi mkaz,

This is indeed caused by GDI objects leak, there are 2 known scenarios that can cause this:

1/ Minimize B1 client -> GDI objects will grow by 2 / second (SAP Note 3424945)
2/ Put B1 client into windowed mode and keep changing the window size (SAP Note 3427590)

Both notes are being reviewed, so you will be not able to access those at the moment.
Workaround for the minimizing bug is to use Classic skin or just avoid minimizing the client (it can be maximized in background, that does not cause GDI objects leak).
I did not notice anything wrong with the Inventory Posting List, so I guess you were just looking at Task Manager while B1 client was minimized?

Regards,
Michal
SAP Support

RaMstah
Explorer
0 Kudos
@mikol - can you confirm or otherwise if this issue has been fixed in support package 2402 for Sap Business One 10.0 MS SQL ? I can't see any mention of a UI, GDI or memory leak fix in the notes. I ask because we would not bother to upgrade to 2402 if it isn't fixed. Thanks!
prpa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Based on SAP Note 3424945 the issue is also existing inSP2402

Reproducing the issue

Prerequisites:

You are using SAP Business One 10.0 SP2311 or SP2402.

jrtrigo
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi mikol, I think the issue is not fixed in 2402. SAP note 3424945 indicates that the problem is present in versions 2311 and 2402. My SAP representative also told me the same.
mikol
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi @RaMstah and @jrtrigo 
As @prpa already noticed in SAP Note 3424945, this issue affects both 10.0 SP2311 and SP2402. Currently it is planned to be fixed in the next patch (2405), but that can change.

Regards,
Michal
SAP Support

mkaz
Explorer
0 Kudos
For anybody who is stuck with this issue, I have changed to the old Classic skin and this makes Sap B1 again usable.
mkaz
Explorer
Hi Michal, this is the most serious issue we ever encountered whit Sap B1. The issue was neither addressed by 2311 HF1 nor by the new 2402. Very disappointing. Not sure how anybody else manages to continue working. I think we all would be grateful if you could escalate this issue and help getting a solution, not a poor workaround.
jrtrigo
Explorer
Totally agree with @mkaz, by now we keep on using fiori cockpit always with the client in maximized window, this is not very comfortable at all
RaMstah
Explorer
0 Kudos
Absolutely agree with the previous posters, at a minimum this requires a quick hotfix release as under normal usage it renders a client machine sluggish at best and unusable at worst.