Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Application Studio - MDK - SAP Asset Manager - Deployment failes

BjörnB
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

since today it's not possible anymore to deploy the MDK project (SAP Asset Manager 2110) from Business Application Studio.

bill.froelich & jitendrakumar.kansal : Are there any new changes in deployment process?

I recognized, that since today the projects "SAP Asset Manager Metadata" and "SAP Asset Manager Component" are always copied automatically into the .build-folder (many changes in GIT history).

--> Normally after the successfull build the should be three files: "bundle.js", "bundle.js.map" & "uploadBundle.zip"

I did just ONE change in an already copied action and started the "MDK: Deploy" from Application.app like usual - on friday it worked fine?

Does anybody have the same problems and can help me?

Regards

Björn

The last lines in the terminal are:

copy component project from /home/user/projects/ASTMGRMETDTA/CUST 2110 Debug/SAM_2110_Component to /home/user/projects/ASTMGRMETDTA/CUST 2110 Debug/SAM_2110_Metadata/.build/SAM_2110_Component.SAM_2110_Component

mdk-tools version is:

Build command line is:

mdk build --project "/home/user/projects/ASTMGRMETDTA/CUST 2110 Debug/SAM_2110_Metadata/.build/SAPAssetManager" --externals --filters /SAPAssetManager/Web /SAM_2110_Component/Web --validate --target zip --logFile "/home/user/projects/ASTMGRMETDTA/CUST 2110 Debug/SAM_2110_Metadata/.build/log.txt" --ts-target "es6" --devtool source-map

UNKNOWN_OPTION: Unknown option: --validate

Command failed: mdk build --project "/home/user/projects/ASTMGRMETDTA00_0-70006972/CUST 2110 Debug/SAM_2110_Metadata/.build/SAPAssetManager" --externals --filters /SAPAssetManager/Web /SAM_2110_Component/Web --validate --target zip --logFile "/home/user/projects/ASTMGRMETDTA/CUST 2110 Debug/SAM_2110_Metadata/.build/log.txt" --ts-target "es6" --devtool source-map

* Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

View Entire Topic
bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

From your log, seems you installed a global mdk-tools before, and the version is older than the latest.

So, the solution is to disable the global installed mdk-tools, or update the global mdk-tools if you want a global one.

Option 1: Disable the global mdk-tools

1. Open a terminal and type "which mdk" to find the folder where the mdk command is found

2. Goto the folder, rename or remove the mdk file.

3. The expected result is if you try to execute "mdk" in a terminal, it should return "command not found"

Option 2: Update the global mdk-tools

npm i -g @sap/mdk-tools

Thanks to zhen-kun.li whose answer to a similar question I am re-using here.

BjörnB
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bill,

thank you very much for the fast answer.

The Option 1 worked for me and solved the issue.

Regards

Björn