Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business One 10.0 New Installation

gonzalogomez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there.

We want to proceed with the update of our installation, both Server and SQL as a SAP 10.0 patch.

More or less the project is clear about what versions and how to do it, but I have a question related to the installation of the initial version 10.0.

In previous versions of Business One, there was always an installation version and then whatever was migrated to a patch... in version 10.0 I do not see that differentiation in downloads, except that some patches are Feature and others Support.
For example:
SAP BUSINESS ONE 10.0 Support Package - 2402
SAP BUSINESS ONE 10.0 Feature Package - 2308
The question is whether patch 2402 can be installed directly from scratch as if it were a new installation or do you have to start from a previous version, the only one I see is this one:

One last comment, in the installation version of version 9.0 (the so-called base or 0) could the sql server be executed unattended or silently, in version 10.0 do you know if it executes that installation or does it have to be installed manually?

Thanks for your comments.

View Entire Topic
EunSeok_Bang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello gonzalogomez

You can find the upgrade path in the overview note of your target release. for example, if you intend to upgrade to 10.0 SP2402, you can identify Upgrade Path Information in the SAP note #3413880 - Overview Note for SAP Business One 10.0 SP 2402.

Regarding your 2nd question about silient SQL server installation, it was possible long time ago when SQL server installer was very simple. now you need to install it manually in compliance with the required settings in SAP Business One Administrator's Guide.

Regards

EunSeok

gonzalogomez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there.

We are not going to perform an upgrade, we want to install version 10.0 as a fresh installation and then move backups and update those backups.

The question is whether you can install the latest patch directly for a new installation or you have to start from a specific version or installation.

For example, in version 9.3 you had to start from the 9.3 SP00 PL05 DVD, which was the installation version, and then apply the appropriate patches.