Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IS Retail Sites and Sales Offices

YogiKalra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In our IS Retail, we have a couple of new sites where we need purchases to happen but not sales i.e. they should be able to buy from external vendors via NB POs but not ship out to customers from them i.e. they should not be allowed as a VBAP-WERKS.

How can this be achieved?

Many thanks!

Yogesh Kalrs

View Entire Topic
hsyngvural
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want to exclude specific plant from sales activities, you should remove the assignment of plant to sales organization-distribution channel.

SPRO node:

Enterprise Structure > Assignment > Assign sales organization-distribution channel-plant

T-Code:

OVX6

Best regards.

Huseyin Vural

YogiKalra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Huseyin,

Apologize for the delay...got sidetracked. If we remove this assignment, then I won't be able to create STOs to the other sites also isn't it? We do need to move them via STOs to other sites because ultimately we have to sell them. We just want to avoid selling directly from these sites in a sales order. Hope this makes sense? Can you please guide me to what else can be checked?

Thanks!

Yogi

hsyngvural
Participant
0 Kudos

I know that, with the above-mentioned customization setting is in place, sales order item will throw an error. But STOs are purchasing documents inherently, so I doubt that it will show a similar behavior. Bu you should test it and let us know about your findings.

Best regards.

YogiKalra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Huseyin,

Yes, it gives error while creating the STO of not being able to determine the shipping point. When I put in the config it is fine...

hsyngvural
Participant
0 Kudos

To reproduce the same issue, I tried to create a delivery document against a STO for a supplier plant that is not assigned to relevant sales. org + distr. channel. I confirm that system returns error messages VL026 and VL414.

As an alternative, you may choose to transfer the materials with movement types 301 (one-step) or 303 (two-step).

Best regards.