Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRO in multiple languages

trisno_s
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm an SD consultant, and have a project with users using different language (for example, Chinese).

I'm about to create new Sales Organization and its entire structure, along with Condition Types, Pricing Procedure, Output Types, Sales Order, Delivery and new Billing type as well.

While we usually do configuration through SPRO using English language (Language = EN), how am I suppose to do configuration in Chinese language?
I searched a bit about my case and I found two options:

1. Do configuration in EN, then logon to same client using language ZH then do the same configuration.
2. Using Goto menu, then Translation.

Here are my questions:
If I chose option no.2, can I typed in the translation in ZH language? or does SAP automatically translate it based on its EN descriptions? Is there any menu related to SD that doesn't have 'Goto menu --> Translation'?
If you are in my position, which option will you choose? I can tell you that I'm not familiar with Chinese language, so choosing the correct SPRO path in ZH will be tedious for me.

Thanks.

View Entire Topic
VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor

In such cases I configure the system in English and then I translate manually the required objects like condition types and organizational units via Goto->translation or via SE63 (I decide this on per case basis).

If the company intends to use Fiori, you need to take into account that you have to translate not only the SPRO objects, but also the KPIs, groups and tiles (this is trickier and more time consuming compared to translating the configuration in SPRO).