Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit between method and endmethod in an implemented BADI

former_member185116
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we have implemented a BADI = MB_MIGO_BADI

and written code in method POST_DOCUMENT...

the code in method POST_DOCUMENT working properly...

now my question is i am trying to write another piece of code in method LINE_DELETE,

but this method is non editable , even after selecting change button in application toolbar..

please guide me where i am making a mistake..

Thank you all..

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

Looks like the source system is not the development system you use.

Could you try to open directly the class in SE24 and press the button "based on source text".

Otherwise you should be able to inactivate this if you inactivate the Assistant (in the second menu)

View Entire Topic
former_member185116
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi frdric.girod,

thanks for your reply,

yes as you said the source system is not same as development system i am working..

what should i do now?

i tried to open the class in SE24 , but there is no button with the name "based on source text".

please guide me in this regard.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Please use the COMMENT button for comments, questions, adding details, replying to a comment or a proposed solution or to the OP question, etc., ANSWER is only to propose a solution, dixit SAP text at the right of the answer area.

kartefact
Participant
0 Kudos

Although it is not recommended, if you go under one of the menus (Sorry, I forget which one, but guessing it is "Edit"), you'll find something called the "Modification Assistant". On expanding that, you'll find an option "Turn off Modification assistant". On clicking this, you'll get a warning asking you to confirm. If you hit OK and proceed, your code will become editable.

However, exercise caution on using this option. Proceed only if you are sure and know what you are doing. You can still edit the code without turning the assistant off by placing the cursor where you want to insert your code and clicking on the "Insert" button on the toolbar at the top. This will insert an open and a close comment lines between which you'll have editable lines where you can place your code.

Every time you need to edit the code further (after activation), you'd have to place the cursor where you want to edit and click on the "Replace" button in the toolbar which will make that section of inserted code open to editing. If you decide you don't need the inserted code anymore sometime in the future, again you need to use the button on the toolbar to remove the inserted code.