Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Released Task List

humaxel74
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is there any chance to update an already released Task List with additional Tasks or is it at least planned to do so?

I couldn't find it on the roadmap.

BR Torsten

View Entire Topic
humaxel74
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

thanks for the quick answer.

In Paused Task Lists, do I add the new Tasks in the Template and then it will appear in the List or do I have to add it in the Task List ?

BR Torsten

michel_loehden
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

thanks for raising your follow-up question. It illustrates the use-case you've in mind. The application behaves as follows: if you're adding new Tasks to a Task List in status Paused, then it's not automatically added to the template. If you're adding a new Task to a Template, that it only materialized in newly generated Task Lists. As long as the generated or released Task List is not yet active, you could avoid a double maintenance if you set the Task List status to obsolete, maintain the Template and generate the Task List again.

To me it seems that your use case is suggesting a kind of governance cycle of your closing template: if any user affected by or involved in the closing process needs an additional task to be processed in already ongoing closing cycles, he should be able to request it (possibly already providing more or less detailed task attributes). And this request should somehow be taken into account both for the template (i.e. future task lists) and the ongoing closing cycle. Is that what you are having in mind?

Thanks, Michel