cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the user interface to S/4HANA?

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am a project manager for an implementation to S/4 HANA, but I come from the SAP B1 world and would like to know what type of interfaces it has as I am trained to use the older version SAP ERP ECC6.

filipn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Do you mean User Interface? It can have both, SAP GUI or Fiori Launchpad.

Wallace
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

If you want to "see" S4 before the project has an instance, look into getting the free two week S4 Trial. I believe it will require SAP authentication to activate it, so an "S" user or similar. If you want it longer than 2 weeks, you can create it again/extend it.

It can be a great way to see an S4 with Fiori.
Also consider the "SAP Companion" User assistance - SAP brings it standard on Cloud S4 and other software, your instance might have to enable it...

Wishing you the best on the journey.

Best Regards, Wallace

View Entire Topic
gregory_hawkins1
Employee
Employee

Hi Jonathan,

There are multiple technologies that can be leveraged to optimize the UI for S/4HANA - and it makes a difference whether you are using on-premise versions or SAP S/4HANA Cloud.

The preferred UI for S/4HANA is Fiori starting from a Fiori Launchpad - but that design umbrella can cover several different technologies. I'm going to simplify the options here - because I don't think you are really looking for a full breakdown. We are primarily looking at:

• SAPUI5 - this is what most of the Fiori applications leverage.
  • SAP GUI for HTML (or Screen Personas) - This is what is used for functionality (transactions) where the corresponding full Fiori application either doesn't fully satisfy the functionality available for a given use case or where a corresponding full Fiori application isn't available.

Essentially, the you use a Fiori Launchpad to access these applications.

If you are using an on-premise version of SAP S/4HANA - then the SAP GUI is still supported (but it is definitely not preferred - and there is a significant amount of S/4HANA functionality that is not available via the standard SAP GUI - because it is only available in the Fiori space - for example functionality that blends analytics and operational data).

There are some other special use cases tools available that can provide a kind of hybrid - like SAP Business Client for Windows - but there are limitations and considerations to be made when making a choice like this.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction,
--Greg

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are using cloud with fiori interface. I was wondering if Tcode still be used.

gregory_hawkins1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

The new Fiori applications do not necessarily correspond to a historical SAP transaction code. The Fiori Launchpad doesn't have an ok code field (where you would have entered a transaction) - but there is an Enterprise Search Field. It would have been technically possible for SAP to put a reference to the old transaction code onto the tile for the Fiori Launchpad so that it could be searchable from the Fiori Launchpad. (I'm not sure the current version S/4HANA Cloud does that - but I have done it for on-premise or private cloud customers.)

If the Enterprise Search Field doesn't have the references you want, you can look at the Fiori App Library If you put your transaction code in the search bar there - it will show you the Fiori Apps most related to that transaction code. Once again, there is not always a 1-to-1 mapping between Fiori Application and historical transaction code. You can also filter the list so you get the apps that are available on just the version of S/4 HANA that you are interested in.

Hope this helps,
--Greg