cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is integration model needed for location in SAP S/4HANA PP/DS?

0 Kudos

Can anyone explain why integration model is required for the transfer of location & ext. proc. relationship from S/4HANA to PP/DS while other data don't require it?

View Entire Topic
Sasi2005
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, If you are using S/4 HANA ePP/DS, the transfer of location is not through integration model but using the program called /sapapo/create_location. S/4 HANA ePP/DS by its current design has three ways of transferring the different objects

- Through program for objects such as locations, MRP areas, Business Partner, PDS (curtoadv_create tcode)

- Advanced Planning flag (e.g. Materials and Work centers)

- Integration models for (PIR, Contracts, class characteristics, equipment etc)

- There is no integration model requirement for transfer of Transactional data and is done through customization.

I hope its clear, this is the architecture currently for S/4HANA ePP/DS

Regards

Sasi

0 Kudos

Sorry for replying late. Here I am not referring to S/4 HANA ePP/DS. I am talking about S/4 HANA on-premise 1610, which I believe is the previous S/4HANA version, where in PP/DS integration model is required for transfers of location master data and external procurement relationships.

0 Kudos

So I would like to know why integration model is needed only for location and external procurement relationships. I would be glad if you could answer my question.