Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Customer Tax Registration No. in billing document

matthias_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have the following issue with the customer tax registration number in the billing document.

Sales Order is created with all roles = Partner A from country PL. Country of role WE is manually changed to DE.

The tax destination country in the sales order is empty.

Partner A has two tax registration IDs, one for PL and for DE.

When creating the billing document I expect the tax registration number to be taken from partner WE and country DE (because the WE partner in the sales order is located in DE).

But when creating the billing document the PL tax registration number is used, even tough the tax registration country and source of the number are correctly set to DE and A = WE.

In Include LV60AA95 it is actually running into the correct IF loop but it has already the wrong (PL) tax registration number in the variable vbrk-stceg = kuwev-stceg.

Any ideas why the system behaves this way? I already checked some SAP notes but they only confirmed that the DE tax registration number should have been determined.

vijay_hariharan
Contributor

Hello Matthias,

I'm not sure if you have debug authorization here but just above the code you marked, there is a Sub-routine PERFORM vbrk-stceg_fuellen. Could see some Select statements within this Sub-routine. Maybe worth a shot to check if the country is being populated as required or does it even enter the sub-routine etc.

Best Regards,
Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

When you create a billing document, system reads the VAT only from customer master and not based on manual changes what you do in sale order. This validation you can check in V_KNA1_SINGLE_READ

To overcome from this, you have two options

• Before creating a billing document, at sale order header level, go to Billing Document tab and input manually the country against the field Tax destination country
  • The other option is you need to have a separate Ship-To with that country