Did you mean: 

Road to SAP S/4 HANA

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Greetings of the day.

I would request some advice on the following:

One of our client is willing to move to SAP S/4 HANA. They have two separate SAP ERP landscape:

->Landscape 1: SAP ECC6.0 EHP7 (Customer is willing to move with this only to SAP S/4 HANA)

->Landscape 2: SAP ERP 4.7 EE

I was thinking to suggest them to make it a single landscape and utilise SAP S/4 HANA by conversion of both the landscapes.

- However before I move this to customer, thought of taking some advice from you all whether it is a wise suggestion or not ?

- If it seems to be good then is it possible to use SAP LT even for SAP ERP 4.7 (and it is MDMP not Unicode system) ?

Please provide your valuable comments.

Thank you in advance,

Sujit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208609
Active Participant

Hello,

sujit.sharma

Combining multiple ERP in one SAP S/4HANA the so-called landscape transformation scenario, SAP Professional services have a dedicated offering based on SLT for this scenario which would help you mitigating the risks of such a project. Few recommendations below (I am not from SAP PS team in charge of this, so I cannot tell much more)

I do not see the need to upgrade then convert the 4.7 system, this will need bring any value and will have lot of workload and risk. There are multiple scenarios possible:

1. Convert the ECC6 Ehp7 to SAP S/4HANA + use Landscape Transformation to bring in the data from the 4.7
  2. Create a new empty SAP S/4HANA system, + use Landscape Transformation to bring data of both systems
  3. Create a new empty SAP S/4HANA system + use the SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit tool to bring data of both systems

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Renaud

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor

Hi Bro

I thing you might have perform multple steps to sync the both systems

1. Try to bring both the systems in same level of SAP release.(ECC 6 EHP7 release)

2. Try to do the Client copy from one to another system.

3. Once both systems are into single ECC from there do the DMO migration to HANA.

BR

SS

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Renaud,

Thank you very much for your guidance. I'll update on this thread once we proceed with the process.

Best regards,

Sujit

former_member208609
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sujit,

If you have an s-user from your customer and if your customer is an Enterprise Support customer (most SAP Customers are), you could register to this recorded webinar (no fee for you or your customer as it is included in the ES maintenance of the customer). It is old, so me and my colleague are going to get our topic expert to create a new one for us but I would not expect this happening in the weeks, maybe April.

Additionally, I would like to mention that the other standard recommended methods to load data to SAP S/4HANA systems are:

- the SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit (tooling embedded in SAP S/4HANA)

- Data Services

There is an OpenSAP free training on SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit

Sorry, I am not at all an LT expert, so I do not know if non Unicode impacts the tool or not.

Best regards

Renaud

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Renaud VAN DEN DAELE,

Thank you for your valuable suggestions. All three scenarios mentioned by you, seem to be helpful and I would prefer the first one.

Another question - If we adopt let say option-1, will SAP 4.7 ERP (being non-Unicode) hinder LT ?

Best regards,

Sujit

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Big B,

Thank you for your suggestions. Approach looks good and I'll take it with some variation i.e.

1. Try to bring both the systems in same level of SAP release.(ECC 6 EHP7 release)

- Agreed,we can perform a CU-UC for 4.7 EE.

2. Try to do the Client copy from one to another system.

- Instead of this, what if we bring the required data using SAP LT into one landscape ?

Best regards,

Sujit

P.S. How can I change the tags ? Seems the tags selected are not getting much viewers.

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Your valuable suggestions are awaited.

Thank you,

Sujit

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Florian,

Thank you for your comments.

Well, I forgot to mention that both of the landscapes are in different demographics.It was an acquisition and thus the older landscape came along with the same.

Regards,

Sujit

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question is not if it's possible. It's more over a question why there is a split of the systems at the moment and if this reasons still exist. So no technical question in the first round:-)