Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S/4HANA Cloud: Custom tile for Custom UI5 application with parameters

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

My question is regarding creating a Custom tile for a new Custom UI5 application created and deployed to S/4HANA Cloud. Tutorial related to this topic is here: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/abap-custom-ui-generate-tile.html

Custom UI5 application needs a few parameters to be passed via URL. But, I couldn't find any documentation on how I can setup a Custom Tile for the UI5 application with parameters. Is it possible?

The closest option I could see is by using Custom Tiles, but that needs a full qualified url and not a relative path. Since the server name can change when transporting objects from Dev->QA->Prd, I can't hardcode a server name in the url path.

Thanks

Tayane
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Juwin,

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days. You can unaccept it anytime if the answer provided was not helpful enough and you have further questions.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AndreaBasalo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Juwin,

Custom tiles are intended to access external applications, for example an app you developed on your SAP Cloud Platform. They are not supposed to point the own system.

For custom UIs that are deployed to the S/4HANA Cloud system, there are two cases:

Key user extensibility - Custom Business Object (Customizing tenant - 3SL / Quality system - 2SL):

Developer extensibility - Custom business service (Development tenant - 3SL):

For an overview on the supported scenarios for UI development in S/4HANA Cloud, please check 3327446 - UI Development in SAP Business Application Studio - S/4HANA Cloud

Thank you,

Andrea

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even for Custom Fiori applications, there are sometimes need to pass URL parameters. For comparison sake, onPrem system allows to pass parameters, along with Semantic Object & Action. How do we acheive this in S/4HANA Public Cloud?

TamasFodor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi andrea.basalo.balado,

Would you be able to provide any further information regarding this topic?

Kind regards,

Tamas

Answers (0)