Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4 HANA - Input and Output Conversion of Material Numbers

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I can not find configuration step --> Logistics - General ® Interchangeability of Parts ® Set Up Conversion Exit for Material Numbers.

This functionality is obsolete or needed any other business activation etc.

I tried to activate MGV_LAMA and DIMP_SDUD in S4 HANA but system says that activation is not needed.

Do you have any idea about it ?

Brgds

M.Ozgur Unal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jürgen Lins ,

Do you have any idea about conversion exit for material is obsolute or not ?

Brgds

M.Ozgur Unal

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Veselina Peykova ,

My problem is related with conversion exit . I want to use functionality of interchangeability with manufacture part number. In ERP , i can use this functionality --> https://help.sap.com/doc/saphelp_globext607_10/GLOBALIZATIONEXTENSIONS607/en-US/08/a1110f4d7611d2b43...

Brgds

M.Ozgur Unal

unalozgurr
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I will try to activate AD_MPN then inform you, if i find a test system 🙂

Sap note : 1361977

Brgds

M.Ozgur Unal

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MGV_LAMA is set to Always off in S/4HANA, you cannot activate it; read SAP note 2270396 - S4TWL - Long Material Number.

Regarding Interchangeability of parts - please refer to the simplification list for your S/4HANA version. For 1809 FPS02 it is here , search within the PDF for interchangeability.

In the same document there is the following paragraph on long material number:

"In SAP S/4HANA, the material number is natively extended to 40 characters, therefore
the automotive industry solution for the long material number is obsolete and will not be
supported."

I would also suggest that you read SAP note 2267140 - S4TWL - Material Number Field Length Extension, especially the paragraph regarding long material number and DIMP.