cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ByD - Download XML for Itemized list of Expense for testing in Adobe Livecycle Designer

BEKOStan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

I have an annoying problem.

We want to redesign our Customer Invoice and the Itemized list of Expense. The invoice was rather easy because I was able to download an XML File for testing with Adobe Livecycle Designer. But for the Itemized list, I only have some system-template and for real data I need to go to the ByD system and test it there. This slows down the whole process and for better understanding it would be fine to have productive XML data available...

So I would like to know how to get some testing XMLs from the system

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

BEKOStan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi simon.dismore ,

thank you for your Link, I didn't know this one.

I did another approach which seems to work:

• Create a Textfield on in the Form
  • in the initialize event of the form I inserted:
  • this.rawValue = xfa.datasets.data.saveXML().replace(/(\r\n|\n|\r)/gm,"");
  • I formatted the Textfield (small fontsize, expand to fit in heigt,...)
  • upload the form back to ByD and create the itemized list
  • in the created itemized list (PDF) you also have the Textfield with the data - copy this data.
  • paste this data into an empty xml-file; format, validate (I did this via Notepad++) all and save the file
  • in ALD go to File/Form Properties.../Preview and select the created xml as Data File

works fine so far - maybe there are better ways!?

best regards

Andreas

BEKOStan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Some simple improvement would be the following script:

this.rawValue = xfa.datasets.data.saveXML('pretty'); so there is no need for regular expressions (RegEx) - like in the above version.

Simon-Dismore
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

I found Binding XML data to a Form Template for preview the changes on Adobe® LiveCycle® Designer | SAP Blog.... I haven't tried it yet but maybe it will give you a starting point to investigate.

Good luck!

BEKOStan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

no tips or hints on this question?! It would be a tremendous help for me, if I could get a productive XML for testing.

BR

Andreas